The Daily Gamer

Everything i know about games and all my experiences.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting marked

Well crunch time has hit and all that has been building up over the last month has finally come into view.
Wether or not thats peoples vision's coming into view as a playable level or if it is the oppinions of one another and how they want to rip each other's heads off, because things are not done as and when they should of been.
But as i said right at the beginning of this project, "The people who are suspected to not do much work are going to be very visible".
And as Powell said a few days ago, "You cant force people to do work!" cuz they just wont do it.

One thing I have learnt from this project is that you have to remove yourself from worrying what other people are doing or as the case maybe not doing, and concentrate on your part. But although this is the case for most of the time, in some cases you have to just give people a push. As they may have something that you need so that you can continue.

Sorry that's just me being petty about leaving things to the last minute. When thats the pot calling the kettle black. I have not even finished alot of my drawing, so i will be scribbling away untill monday none stop.

But at least im safe into the knowledge that I can relax on the 3D as I have done my job as 3D lead and completed the assets that i was assigned.
I even did a few that I was not asked but were grateful for when I had done them, like a statue of myself based on a posed version of my avatar.

Now crunch time is coming to an end and stress is high for everyone and so they should be, as for myself im stressed because I want to show my best.

This term I have been learning some new skills that I felt were needed and have seen alot of people not only on the course but in the industry already have.
Such as experience with engines and improving your knowledge of photoshop and one im proud of and have also seen such as soph having a go and that is Z-brush. Which to my suprise was rather fun to use but a real time eater.
Even the first years are trying there hand at a bit of Mudbox which is worrying as it makes me think how to push even harder but I think I have found my own method to that......

I have been marking myself on industry standards and tried to fase out what level other people are doing as it is hard to judge where people are at the moment as many are good maybe at one thing but weak in another. But aim for the sky is the moto im going by at the moment.

So till next time cya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home